When purchasing vintage clothing and accessories from Little Viking Vintage, please remember you are purchasing something that is preloved and preworn and like almost all vintage, will show some signs of wear. Be sure to read the description thoroughly and view all the provided photos. Please compare our measurements to one of your existing garments for the best fit.
RARE!!! 1940's Fez from Angora in Turkey imported for J.E Reihing Seattle.
Initially a symbol of Ottoman modernity, the fez over time came to be seen as part of an "Oriental" cultural identity. Seen as exotic and romantic in the west, it enjoyed a vogue as part of men's luxury smoking outfit in the United States and the United Kingdom in the decades surrounding the turn of the 20th century. From the mid-19th century on the fez was widely adopted as the headdress of locally recruited soldiers. (Thank you Wikipedia)
Inside Measurements: 21"
Vintage Fez in Good - Great Condition. Some wear to the felt.
• Mint - Hardly any signs of wear, looks new. Applies mainly to deadstock or unworn items.
• Excellent - Normal signs of wear expected for age.
• Great - Shows normal signs of wear expected for age with some minor visible damage but will not deter from value.
• Good - Has obvious signs of wear, structurally intact. Damage could be fixed to improve condition.
• Fair - Visible damage but item has enough fashion interest.