Charming 1920-30s Egyptian revival purse in a creamy grey suede with a metal frame and twist ball clasp featuring a pyramid and palm trees on one side and pyramids and sphinxes on the other. The motifs seem to have been etched in to the suede as there are tiny holes and marks that look like they have happened due to a hot pen being used. Please see our images for details. The strap is platted from a fine cotton like thread. There is one main inside compartment with two open side pockets, one containing the original vanity mirror.
The bag is in overall great condition but there is some discolouration to the strap where it has been held. We have decided to leave this as is without trying to stain treat.
Please note due to lighting, the shade of the suede is slightly darker in real life.
- 6" Length
- 1" Width at bottom
- 3" Height
- 10" Height including the strap
1920-30s Purse in Great Condition.
There is no original label but we estimate the material to be suede with cotton lining.
Original Vintage 1920-30s Egyptian Revival Suede Purse
When purchasing vintage clothing and accessories from Little Viking Vintage, please remember you are purchasing something that is preloved and preworn and like almost all vintage, will show some signs of wear. Be sure to read the description thoroughly and view all the provided photos. Please compare our measurements to one of your existing garments for the best fit.
• Mint - Hardly any signs of wear, looks new. Applies mainly to deadstock or unworn items.
• Excellent - Normal signs of wear expected for age.
• Great - Shows normal signs of wear expected for age with some minor visible damage but will not deter from value.
• Good - Has obvious signs of wear, structurally intact. Damage could be fixed to improve condition.
• Fair - Visible damage but item has enough fashion interest.