The jewel in the crown of our handbag collection.
RARE 1920s Deco Evening Purse / Bag, hand crocheted using micro beads in golden clear beige with a very vibrant and utterly stunning roses pattern.
The edge is adorned with a twisted fringe. When we discovered this bag a couple of strands were missing and we have lovingly restored using the closest match of glass micro beads we could find and mixing in the rescued beds from the broken strand.
The restored strands are slightly lighter than the original with a bit more lustre but not to noticeable.
A beautiful patterned golden frame carries the crocheted bag with stitches. Securely fastens with a blue lapis stone lift clasp.
Pink lining and a gold tone chain handle.
Except for the restored fringe there is no visible damage and no missing beads.
Lining is clean with no rips.
This was a treasured bag by it's previous owner and only used a handful of times and kept wrapt in tissue in a box keeping the colours so vibrant and the crocheting thread strong.
- 10.5" Length
- 17" Length including chain handle and fringing
- 9 1/4" Width at the bottom
- 4.5" Width at the frame opening
1920s Evening Bag in Excellent Condition.
Hand crocheted using glass micro beads.
Deco 1920 Beads Crocheted Evening Bag
When purchasing vintage clothing and accessories from Little Viking Vintage, please remember you are purchasing something that is preloved and preworn and like almost all vintage, will show some signs of wear. Be sure to read the description thoroughly and view all the provided photos. Please compare our measurements to one of your existing garments for the best fit.
• Mint - Hardly any signs of wear, looks new. Applies mainly to deadstock or unworn items.
• Excellent - Normal signs of wear expected for age.
• Great - Shows normal signs of wear expected for age with some minor visible damage but will not deter from value.
• Good - Has obvious signs of wear, structurally intact. Damage could be fixed to improve condition.
• Fair - Visible damage but item has enough fashion interest.