A totally unique and very elegant tear drop French 1930s handbag. Opens with a snake mouth style clasp with bakelite globes. Inside features one large compartment, same shape as the bag and two small inside pockets at the mouth perfect for your lipstick!
Discovered on my travels around Nice in the south of France.
- 8 1.4" Width at widest point
- 11 3/4" Height
- 19 3/4" Height including handle
- 4.5" Length of opening
1930s French Bag in Excellent Condition.
There is no original label but we estimate the material to moleskin outer with satin lining.
1930s French Handbag With Bakelite Clasp
When purchasing vintage clothing and accessories from Little Viking Vintage, please remember you are purchasing something that is preloved and preworn and like almost all vintage, will show some signs of wear. Be sure to read the description thoroughly and view all the provided photos. Please compare our measurements to one of your existing garments for the best fit.
• Mint - Hardly any signs of wear, looks new. Applies mainly to deadstock or unworn items.
• Excellent - Normal signs of wear expected for age.
• Great - Shows normal signs of wear expected for age with some minor visible damage but will not deter from value.
• Good - Has obvious signs of wear, structurally intact. Damage could be fixed to improve condition.
• Fair - Visible damage but item has enough fashion interest.